Analytics Advanced Specialist - Commodities Team
Posted Aug 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 76425
You’re the first of your friends to know about a major economic event. You have an appetite not only to see the world but to learn what makes it tick. You build relationships quickly and effortlessly and have a real desire for a career in a client-facing role. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You're a solution-provider, with a passion for providing platinum customer service.
The Department - Analytics
We provide 24/7 support for Bloomberg Professional Service users all over the world and across multiple industries. Reaching us via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, clients access unparalleled customer service where we answer their questions and help them maximise the value of Bloomberg.
We’re a calm voice in a busy, volatile market. Our clients rely on us to support them in making better, faster decisions using the power of Bloomberg Professional Services. From educating a portfolio manager on Bloomberg’s risk management solutions to helping a trader discover new sources of market liquidity – the variety of problems we solve is immense.
Bloomberg is constantly innovating and Analytics plays a key role in ensuring clients are educated on new products and enhancements by proactively reaching out to upskill clients through technology, on-site training and seminars. We also work in conjunction with Enterprise Sales to deliver on strategic initiatives, supporting product roll-out and onboarding clients. We want to ensure our clients are making the most of our service and using tools and features that allow them to work smarter.
The Team – Commodity Advanced Specialist
It’s rare to find a role that gives you such early exposure to global financial market participants. You’ll begin your career in the Analytics department, where you’ll be responsible for providing the best possible user experience for our Bloomberg Terminal clients. It’s here also where you’ll join a comprehensive training programme, covering all aspects of the financial markets - economic principles, market players and asset classes - while teaching you all there is to know about the functionality and analytical tools the Bloomberg Terminal has to offer. You will have the opportunity to specialise in Commodities before moving into the Advanced Specialist team.
Working in the Commodity Advanced Specialist team gives you an excellent opportunity to:
- Join our team in the London EMEA headquarters, where you are depended upon to provide fast and accurate solutions to incoming client queries.
- A real opportunity to apply your commodities knowledge, whilst having the opportunity to continue learning.
- Provide top-level support for Bloomberg’s clients, whilst working alongside Sales, App Specs, Product and Engineering to close high-revenue deals.
- Teach and train Bloomberg’s clients on the latest advances in the markets and technology.
- Work closely with our Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) team, providing specialised customer service, enrolling and training their users and leveraging other client interactions to position the added value of the BNEF premium content.
- Collaborate with the Commodities product and engineering team gathering useful feedback from our users on the Core Commodity Product.
Once you have spent 18 to 24 months in Analytics, benefiting from the excellent training and daily Terminal and client exposure, you will be ready to progress to the next step - a move to our Sales department. You’ll join our team of experienced account and relationship managers, helping to grow our business and to service our existing client base across EMEA, focusing on a particular region or market sector.
You need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) in a Commodities or Energy related topic.
- Relevant internships or full-time experience in the Commodities or Energy market.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Business acumen and a knack for spotting revenue opportunities.
- A demonstrable interest in financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry.
- The resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
We’d love to see:
- Business fluency in English plus another European language.
- An interest in technology
- A Master’s degree in a Commodities or Energy related topic.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg”. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org