Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Officer – London
Posted Mar 19, 2019 - Requisition No. 74256
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
Based in London, this is a great opportunity for you to join the core Financial Crime AML Compliance Function.
The AML Compliance Officer role is dedicated to assessing and handling AML risk throughout the organisation and working with colleagues across the company to further develop and enhance the AML program overall. You will have a deep understanding of the main components of an AML program and practical application of how to assess key risks and implement effective controls. We are looking for you to demonstrate competent working knowledge of current UK requirements and relevant financial industry best practice.
We'll Trust You To:
- Undertake enterprise wide money laundering risk assessments
- Identify and assess key risk factors when considering the AML risk relevant to clients, products or business lines
- Build and maintain AML risk assessment models and associated procedures
- Work with colleagues to implement technological innovations to streamline client onboarding and ongoing reviews, including customer lifecycle management
- Use your expertise to provide guidance and support to the KYC onboarding team and business colleagues as necessary
- Assist in the creation and delivery of AML training to key business areas
- Support the Global Head of AML /MLRO in an ongoing effort to integrate and globalise the program
- Act as a key point of contact for the escalation and management of AML and financial crime issues and concerns
- Monitor ongoing regulatory changes and assess impacts
- As part of the broader Compliance team, provide Compliance support to the broad range of businesses operated by Bloomberg LP.
You'll Need to Have:
- At least 4 years* relevant AML experience
- Strong knowledge of AML requirements including JMLSG and the UK Money Laundering Regulations
- The capability to meet strict deadlines / set targets
- Dedication to resolve pending queries or concerns in a timely manner
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts, and coordinating with several partners across our company
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good attention to detail
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
We'd Love to See:
- In-House Financial Services experience
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated individual and effective under pressure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.