Posted Oct 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 110257
Application Specialist – Analytics
The Application Specialist team within our Analytics Department serves as the financial markets & workflow authorities at Bloomberg. On any given day, you will be consulting with clients to help them get the best out of the Bloomberg product, providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our products and working with teams within Analytics to design campaigns and promote the latest product enhancements and commercial initiatives. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service, including through market events and printed material, you will becom the face of our company!
The Application Specialist on Rates and Government Bonds is a role sitting between our Analytics and Product teams, creating the bridge between the two.
Day to day it will see you:
- Collaborating with clients to improve the value our rates and government bonds solutions can bring to their workflow.
- Educating partners around product development, including developing and presenting training.
- Crafting strategy for new fixed income product launches.
- Identifying key trends within the market and working with sales to help them to demonstrate and understand the benefit that tools can bring.
- Apply your market experience, detailed knowledge of industry trends and proven technical skills to assist in generating revenue for our terminal business and suite of enterprise solutions
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face and how they could use our products and technology to solve them.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external partners
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product development through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decision makers and our clients
- Establish your own roadmap of initiatives that align with product, sales, and company goals. Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Actively participate in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Always be on the look out to make an additional impact such as mentoring, getting involved in training, running campaigns, and delivering webinars and seminars.
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience working across financial services
- Practical experience using the Bloomberg terminal, ideally having used our fixed income tools, and potentially competitor products
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- A passion for helping others learn and be able to convey sophisticated ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small.
- A reciprocal and commercial mind-set, along with ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles
- A willingness to travel across EMEA as the need arises to provide clients with a best-in-class service!
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English
- An excellent understanding of the credit space
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Experience of working cross functionally with several departments in a large financial institution
We will trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Excellent experience in the Rates Market, ideally as a Trader, Research Analyst or Portfolio Manager
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in a second European language would be an advantage
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org