Application and Market Specialist - Equity
Posted Feb 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 88946
The Application Specialist team within Enterprise Analytics serves as the financial markets & workflow specialists at Bloomberg.
On any given day as a market specialist, you will be assisting clients to help them get the best of the Bloomberg product, providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our products and working with teams within sales and analytics to design campaigns and promote the latest product enhancements and commercial initiatives. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service, including through market events and printed material, you become the face of our company!
The Application Specialist on equity is a role sitting between sales and product, creating the bridge between the two. Day to day it will see you collaborating with clients to maximise the value our equity solutions can bring to their workflow. You will be educating stakeholders around product development, including developing and presenting training, as well as designing strategy for new equity product launches; all while identifying key trends within the market and working with sales to help them to demonstrate and understand the benefit that tools can bring.
We will trust you to:
- Utilize your strong market experience, detailed knowledge of industry trends and demonstrated technical skills to assist in generating revenue for our terminal business and suite of enterprise solutions
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face and how then could use our products and technology to solve them.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external stakeholders
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product development through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decision makers and our clients
- Establish your own roadmap of initiatives that align with product, sales, and corporate goals. Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns and delivering webinars and seminars.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in the equity space working closely with Traders, Sales people, Analyst's or Portfolio Managers
- Practical experience using the Bloomberg terminal, ideally having used our equity tools, and potentially competitor products
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- A passion for helping others learn and be able to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small.
- A reciprocal and commercial mind-set, along with ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles
- A willingness to travel across EMEA as required in order to provide clients with a best-in-class service
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in a second European language would be an advantage
- Superior understanding of equity derivatives
- A results-oriented & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Experience of working cross functionally with several departments in a large financial institution
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.