Art Director - London
Posted Jul 31, 2018 - Requisition No. 68498
The Bloomberg Studio is Bloomberg’s in-house creative group. Working on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Bloomberg Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. The design team has a strong hands-on approach to both concept development and brand systems. The production team ensures ideas realized, from conceptual stages to execution. The Bloomberg Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
The Studio is seeking a self-starting, hands-on, sophisticated conceptual art director who will bring original ideas and a fresh, stylish approach to each project. You see creative opportunity, develop ideas fast and take ownership of projects, driving them from start to finish.
We'll trust you to:
- Bring a very strong sense of style, excellent skills in: graphic design, typography, photography, and motion graphics.
- Be a 360-degree integrated thinker who is able to create and roll-out multi-channel campaigns in partnership with copywriting resources and other art directors globally.
- Develop the design and art direction of large-scale branding efforts and cohesive campaigns. Often bringing ideas to life in varied and relevant forms: design vs copy vs image.
- Work within a defined but dynamic visual/brand system.
- Have digital design skills and experience working across platforms.
- Have some industrial and environmental design experience.
- Work closely with printers, developers and animators, seeing complicated jobs through production.
- Move fluidly across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Make design decisions in real-time to drive progress.
- Work seamlessly in a global organization, often across time zones.
- Be highly literate in high-quality print production
You need to have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates world-class creative work
- Solid experience in a similar role within a company or agency.
- Strong operating knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong communication skills with the ability to receive and interpret complex or undefined creative briefs, present ideas creatively and effectively to high-level stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree required. Candidates with a degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Visual, Fine or Commercial Arts, Art Design or related field preferred.
- A thorough understanding of print and collateral design and production processes and interactive communications and delivery systems as well as industry best practices required.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com