Artificial Intelligence Level 7 - Financial Risk Products Engineering
Posted Apr 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 102139
Programme Duration: 2 years
Start Date: September 2022
Who are we?
At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our Apprenticeship Programme is to help you find yours.
Are you interested in the world of finance? Do you want to learn how data and technology keeps the global markets moving? Do you want to help bring clarity to a complex world and be a part of our future?
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating, and as part of the Apprenticeship Programme you will learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way. When you start, you will be connected with a buddy and a mentor who will help you navigate life at Bloomberg and support you as you pursue your new career. Regular check-ins will ensure you are happy and on track to reach your true potential.
What is the Apprenticeship Programme?
This Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to take your first steps in changing or starting a rewarding career. During your time with us we will support you in combining work and education - you will have an opportunity to gain a qualification in Artificial Intelligence free of charge free of charge while also being an important and highly valued member of the team. We will trust you to build your knowledge of various technology tools and coding in data management space as well as some understanding of the financial markets to support our clients with their data-related queries, in addition to data domain experts.
This opportunity will provide you with an alternative route into a global organisation away from the classic university pathway. You will have a chance to learn from our experts, develop and grow, while working within a collaborative and innovative environment. During this programme you will build software that fuels innovative solutions for the Bloomberg Terminal and our wider suite of products. You will design high-impact solutions to help our customers optimize complex workflows, efficiently manipulate large datasets, and make quick, intuitive decisions. Our priority is delivering an excellent experience to our customers.
Introducing Bloomberg Front Office Derivatives
The Bloomberg Front Office Derivatives team built leading platform for Listed and OTC derivatives and structured products across all asset classes. The platform delivers market data and various business and regulatory analytics internally to Bloomberg Enterprise Data and Products and externally to clients across the globe.
These solutions include:
- Curves and volatility surfaces/cubes
- Structuring and idea generation
- Back testing, Valuation, Cash flow projections
- Scenario analysis and stress testing
- Regulatory (such as MIFID and PRIIPs) analytics
- Trade capture and integration with our RFQ, Sales Trader Workflow, Execution Management Systems and Order Management Systems (such as TOMS and AIM)
- Life cycle management
- Intra-day and end of day risk
- P&L explanation
- Derivatives APIs
In this role you will:
- Gain an understanding of the business commercial model
- Build an automated technological solution for the governance of clients usage metering and billing according to the corresponding commercial model
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, CFO and Sales teams to deliver a robust solution
- Collaborate with various internal teams to build visualisation tools to improve management oversight of business commercials
- Collaborate with Engineering and testing teams to build a robust testing system around product delivery
- Automate commercial analysis one existing clients for new commercial model propositions
- Available to start September 2022
- Undergraduate degree in a technical area (such as Math, Physics or Computer Science) with proficiency in coding
- Level 2 / GCSE English and Maths and A-levels in STEM subjects
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Candidates must possess the right to work in the UK and have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
We will trust you to have:
- Strong technical skills including a satisfactory level of Excel (using VLOOKUP's, pivot tables, formulae) and proficiency in coding skills (preferably Python, C#)
- A clear and demonstrable interest in technology (experience working with large data sets and data APIs is a plus)
- Adaptability and resilience
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive environment
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV and/or your UCAS personal statement. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 20 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Team Leader Interview: Complete some interactive tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with our Managers to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com