The Content Management team is responsible for managing, acquiring, and integrating contributed pricing across all OTC asset classes, to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream data products. Our current priority is around developing detailed analysis and insight into the quality and scope of our coverage across all asset classes.
What’s the role?
You’ll join the Content Management team as a specialist in Fixed Income . You’ll be responsible for enhancing and managing the coverage and quality of contributed European and North American FI pricing content.
You’ll bring with you a degree of FI expertise acquired perhaps at a bank, broker, exchange or another vendor. You’ll have a firm understanding of how fixed income pricing data is used by the various players in the market. With this knowledge you will be expected to help formulate and direct the content management strategy for our FI product.
In collaboration with your colleagues in the Data Acquisition team, you will be pitching to existing contributors (typically banks and brokers) as well as establishing brand new relationships.
Once you have secured commitment from the source, you will delegate the implementation and ongoing project maintenance to other team members, who will oversee projects through to completion.
In addition to the above, another fundamental part of your role will be leveraging our in-house business intelligence tools to analyse and review our existing Fixed Income product contributions to help shape the business strategy.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with our internal stakeholders – including Product, Electronic Trading, Terminal Sales, Application Specialists, Enterprise Solutions – to identify strategic targets from which to source pricing data
- Developing relationships with investment banks, brokers, and third parties that contribute and/or consume our Fixed Income pricing
- Interact with all levels of the contribution process – heads of trading/broker desks, sales contacts, business managers, desk support, e-commerce, and market data
- Leverage relationships to acquire new pricing content, maintain the quality of existing contributions to Bloomberg, and assist Product initiatives to grow the community of fixed income dealers on the Terminal
- When necessary, work closely with the Contracts team to negotiate favorable contractual and commercial terms for new datasets
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the market trends and challenges faced by our customers, and share that insight and expertise with applicable stakeholders
- Develop opportunities to collaborate across internal groups to secure new contributions in the most efficient manner; and present updates to the global teams
- Determine our business strategy for handling contribution requests from non-strategic targets
You’ll need to have:
- A demonstrated background in fixed income markets
- An understanding of fixed income market trends and regulation
- A comfort in presenting both internally and externally
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders, within a team but also independently when necessary
- An ability to extract business insight from large and varied data sets
- A pro-active mindset to manage the FI contributions content on the Terminal
We’d also love to see:
- Experience in business or project management
- Experience working with Excel or other data management tools
- Previous experience working with the Bloomberg Terminal would be nice to see
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.