Asset Manager Reporter
Posted Sep 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 93972
Bloomberg is hiring an asset management reporter to join its investing team in London. We are seeking an experienced journalist to break news and deliver dynamic enterprise pieces on the biggest trends among firms that manage trillions of dollars of assets for individuals, pensions, and institutions.
The ideal candidate is a driven, well-rounded reporter who can quickly build a network of contacts with executives, portfolio managers and other industry sources. You will be expected to consistently generate exclusive stories on the forces shaping the investment industry, including the rise of ESG as a growth engine, new products aimed at delivering alpha and fees, and massive mergers in the search for scale. From breaking news on deals to profiles of the most important players and investigations into firms that fail to deliver for clients, you'll need to be able to produce at multiple speeds and in varied platforms.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver clear, accurate and engaging stories
- Quickly build up a wide network of contacts
- Generate intriguing analysis and feature stories
- Work well in a team environment, collaborating across both the newsroom and the globe
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent news judgment and creativity
- Superb reporting and writing skills
- Proven ability to develop a network of sources and produce influential scoops
- Strong work ethic and ability to work calmly under pressure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com