Asset-Backed Securities Data Analyst
Posted Feb 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 65072
You love the pace of the financial markets. You're always on the pulse with movements relating to financial news.
You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that drives news and analysis.
You crave the challenge of solving complex problems as well as looking for ways to optimise workflow and gain efficiency at every opportunity. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join the Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) team in Global Data!
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we are responsible for improving and reporting on Structured Finance (ABS, RMBS, CLO, CMBS, etc.) related content for the Bloomberg Terminal.
Whether you are sourcing Structured Finance market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to improve our processes and software, we seek to deliver ABS market data first!
What you can expect from this opportunity?
Joining the Global Data Department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will develop product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The ongoing training programme within the ABS Team will introduce you to essential concepts and workflows, though we are looking for individuals who are continuously looking to push further, grow and develop the product.
As your experience in the team grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the Structured Finance market, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
In addition, the two-week Global Data Training Programme will provide the perfect exposure to the larger network of products supported by the department and help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg.
We will trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality data on Residential and Commercial Mortgage-Backed securities, Credit card receivables, Corporate and Auto loans securitisations and other Structured Finance products for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Provide outstanding customer service through our world-renowned client support help desk and directly with clients
- Support cashflow modelling and collateral surveillance for Structured Finance transactions across the EMEA
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance our product databases
You'll need to have:
- Up to 2 years’ previous work/ internship experience in information technology, finance, business management, data analysis or research
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective research skills, high accountability and attention to detail
- Genuine interest in learning and understanding the Structured Finance products market as well as building a career in the field; experience in fixed income securities analysis a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment, ensuring objectives are met in a timely manner and to high standards
- Experience in project management and proven record of improving workflows would be desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required; Advanced skills such as VBA, SQL, Python a plus
- Aptitude for learning basic programming and script writing
- Fluency in English. Additional languages a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.