Audio Visual Engineer
Posted Jan 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 113340
Bloomberg is market leader in both the media and technology space with our business offering. How we run our business and our building mirrors this. We pride ourselves on having bleeding edge technology to deliver and extraordinary experience for anyone who sets foot into our award winning London HQ.
As an Audio Visual Engineer, you will be expected to use your knowledge of the AV industry to help Bloomberg utilise, maintain, and evolve the next generation of application and infrastructure services for our global workforce.
Within the Bloomberg AV team, you will work within an Agile framework to troubleshoot, build, maintain, and continuously enhance our AV spaces.
You will be a core part of our EMEA AV Team, working on systems including but not limited to: IPTV, Paging, Conference rooms, Training/Flex spaces, Speciality spaces, and screening rooms in London and across EMEA. You will help with the development of processes and standards to ensure the continuous evolution of our standard of operations.
You will work as part of a team to Provide troubleshooting support when equipment issues are escalated as well as determining trends and iterate on designs to improve stability.
You’ll need to have:
- 3 years+* of experience in commercial AV
- Experience in IPTV and Digital Signage solutions
- Experience in global deployments of AV systems and technologies
- Knowledge of video conference tools and troubleshooting (Zoom, Webex, MS Teams, etc.)
- Audio DSP, video processing, control system platform proficiency (i.e. Biamp, Q-Sys, Extron, Christie, Crestron)
- Good understanding of network topology
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, being able to adapt to different audiences, environments, and cultures
- Encourage strategic thinking, innovation, and action
- Support London and EMEA Offices, physically and remotely.
- Ability to be flexible, an outstanding teammate and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment are a must
* Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
-Live Events support: Vision/Audio Mixer, Lighting, Cameras.
- Network security and vulnerability standard methodologies
- Solid understanding of today's AV technology and trends
- Robust experience with AV/IT Convergence
- A/V Industry certifications (CTS, DMC, etc)
- Ability to respond to changes in a short time frame
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com