Audiovisual Technical Director - London
Posted Aug 23, 2019 - Requisition No. 76880
Who we are:
The Bloomberg audio visual team and technologies touch every business unit and every service offering. It is the primary resource utilized to facilitate real time, face to face communication and enables work-from-home / remote location collaboration. AV is utilized everywhere and will need to be accessible anywhere.
What we do:
We support, suggest, and facilitate institutional collaboration technology across the globe. We connect decision makers with information and enable business to happen anywhere. We are vital to the firm’s scalability and essential to leveraging a global knowledge base.
How we do it:
Our service offerings fall into five distinct categories; Event Technology, UC Collaboration, AV Infrastructure, AV Design / Build Management, and Digital Signage.
We’ll trust you to:
You will be responsible for spearheading all technical aspects to achieve the best possible outcome for our events. You’ll do this through collaborating with event planners to deliver best-in-class results while forging relationships with clients, vendors, and in house partners alike to ensure successful completion of each and every event. You’ll provide exceptional customer service while being ultimately responsible for the proper execution of all, staging, audio, video, lighting, labour, and related components.
On a day to day basis you will be:
- Leading events in all areas of planning and execution from a technical perspective
- Planning for all production/technical elements of assigned events
- Meeting regularly with the planners and internal and external collaborators
- Consulting and providing technical guidance with planners regarding equipment, materials, labour, and schedules to clarify event scope and meet all technical requirements
- Coordinating with event management and/or technical staff to ensure that all needs and requests are accommodated within schedule and technical capabilities
- Determining crew calls based on production and facility requirements
- Reviewing technical crew requirements and facilitate external support as needed
- Reviewing technical equipment rental orders as necessary
- Researching special projects as assigned
- Enforcing AV standards and guidelines
- Enforcing policies and procedures and make recommendations as necessary
You must be able to work flexible hours and capable of traveling up to 10% of your time.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and solid experience of live theatre, touring concert and/or production experience
- Experience in event staging, sound reinforcement, production lighting, and audio & video production. Broadcast experience is a plus
- Operational and troubleshooting experience for large scale events and Auditorium AV Systems.
- Computer skills: Macintosh OS and Windows platform using Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work graciously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with discretion, diplomacy and tact in high pressure settings
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency and act responsively
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Experience working with and directing union and non-union personnel is required
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.