Audiovisual Technical Director
Posted Aug 9, 2018 - Requisition No. 68654
You will be responsible for spearheading all technical aspects to achieve the best possible outcome for our events. You’ll do this through collaborating with event planners to deliver best-in-class results while forging relationships with clients, vendors, and in house partners alike to ensure successful completion of each and every event. You’ll provide exceptional customer service while being ultimately responsible for the proper execution of all, staging, audio, video, lighting, labour, and related components.
On a day to day basis you will be:
- Leading events in all areas of planning and execution from a technical perspective
- Planning for all production/technical elements of assigned events
- Meeting regularly with the planners and internal and external collaborators
- Consulting and providing technical guidance with planners regarding equipment, materials, labour, and schedules to clarify event scope and meet all technical requirements
- Coordinating with event management and/or technical staff to ensure that all needs and requests are accommodated within schedule and technical capabilities
- Determining crew calls based on production and facility requirements
- Reviewing technical crew requirements and facilitate external support as needed
- Reviewing technical equipment rental orders as necessary
- Researching special projects as assigned
- Enforcing AV standards and guidelines
- Enforcing policies and procedures and make recommendations as necessary
You must be able to work flexible hours and capable of traveling up to 10% of your time.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and solid experience of live theatre, touring concert and/or production experience
- Experience in event staging, sound reinforcement, production lighting, and audio & video production. Broadcast experience is a plus
- Operational and troubleshooting experience for large scale events and Auditorium AV Systems.
- Computer skills: Macintosh OS and Windows platform using Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work graciously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with discretion, diplomacy and tact in high pressure settings
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency and act responsively
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Experience working with and directing union and non-union personnel is required
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Date: 9th of August 2018
Closing Date: 8th of September 2018
Salary: Competitive + Benefits