BNEF Analyst - Climate Solutions - London
Posted Dec 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 99144
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our analyst team in our London office. The team focuses on the financial sector’s transition to net-zero with a particular focus on mobilising capital to emerging and developing economies, real economy and financial sector transition strategies, and financial regulation and policy development. The team develops data, tools, research and solutions for clients in industry, government and finance.
We work closely with our colleagues across BNEF, as well as the engineering, data, product and public policy teams to determine the key issues for the financial sector in its push to net-zero and to drive development of data, tools and research that enable this.
BNEF Team Ethos
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We'll trust you to:
- Develop an understanding of the key issues facing the financial sector in its transition to net-zero.
- Become an expert in the critical sub-areas that are identified.
- Build and maintain datasets and tools to help our clients map out the transition for the financial sector.
- Work with our engineering, data and product teams to turn these into client facing tools.
- Produce research, both quantitative and qualitative, using public and proprietary data sources and by building and leveraging a network of research contacts
- Effectively communicate findings by authoring and publishing research reports and datasets, as well as interacting directly with our clients and prospective clients.
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
What's the role:
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct analysis and gather data, and present findings in written reports.
- Lead our research on financial sector transition strategies, establish the current state of the financial sector, and potential pathways for transition.
- Provide insights to our clients across a range of topics that may include: how to reduce the risks of emerging market net-zero investments; buyside, sellside and insurance strategies for net-zero; and policy and regulatory developments related to these themes.
- You’ll be at the forefront of covering how the financial sector are transitioning to net-zero.
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries.
- Relate our work to BNEF's wider coverage and forecasts in energy, transport, and commodities.
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry and promote/represent BNEF across a wide variety of senior stakeholders.
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects.
You'll need to have:
- Strong quantitative skills; comfortable with large datasets, making assumptions based on available evidence and building Excel models and tools.
- Strong communication skills in English: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media).
- A natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely.
- Rigorous attention to detail and a commitment to high-quality work.
- Willingness to form and voice your own opinions on finance, company and country strategy, and industry direction.
- A desire to exchange knowledge and ideas with BNEF clients, and a keen interest in financial sector net zero strategies and related markets.
- An undergraduate degree in a related discipline.
We'd love to see:
- Post-graduate qualifications or professional experience in the financial sector
- Knowledge of net-zero or decarbonization analysis.
- Experience of coding or programming languages such as R, python, SQL etc.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com