BNEF Business Analyst/Operational Support
Posted Aug 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 106155
The successful candidate will be part of the BNEF Operations team based in our London office and work closely with the Product and management team for BloombergNEF - the industry research firm that helps energy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What's the role:
Working on the Operations team, the successful candidate will partner closely with the product and management team to address strategic and operational issues. The role will involve analysis, reporting, system administration, business development and support. Based in our London office responsibilities will require good collaboration with global Sales, Operations, Procurement, Contracts and other Bloomberg departments. The ideal candidate will have project management and implementation skills, and a proven ability to find innovative solutions to problems.
We'll trust you to:
- Support the COO with reporting on business performance through regular monthly and quarterly processes as well as ad-hoc analysis.
- Work with the management team to draft or support the drafting of internal and external communications as needed for Management Committee presentations, special events, and other key constituent interactions.
- Work with the Head of Client Relations on our named accounts programme to ensure that our sales efforts are aligned to grow our major accounts.
- Assist the analyst team with data procurement and vendor management; manage budget.
- Support the operations and commercial team with administrative duties including user enablement (Internal and external), trouble shooting, subscription activation/deactivation and service changes.
- Work with the Product, CFO, sales and analyst teams to build and support reporting tools/dashboards
You'll need to have:
- Exceptional problem-solving, quantitative and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinker.
- Experience in business analytics with Excel, structuring presentations with PowerPoint and writing business communications.
- Experience with business intelligence tools, such as Tableau, Qlik or Alteryx
- Project management skills and resourcefulness, including a collegial orientation and persuasive communication style.
- Strong communication skills, including negotiation and objection handling
- Tenacious and creative problem solving skills
- Independent management of workload and projects
- Proactive and persistent customer service
- Experience in an operating, and/or analytical role.
- Ability to work well both individually and within teams.
- Demonstrable attention to detail and organizational skills.
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of operational, billing, or contractual policies
- Experience or keen interest in the Energy Markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com