BNEF: Short Term Power Market Analyst - London
Posted May 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 74941
We are seeking an individual to lead the development of a research and analysis service focused on short-term trends in European power markets. You’re someone with several years’ experience in energy and markets. Your quantitative skills are strong and you work quickly under pressure. You can communicate your arguments verbally and through charts and writing. You enjoy working in a team, teaching and learning from colleagues and are excited by the prospect of working in an international role with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce ongoing updates on the short-term outlook for Europe’s major power markets.
- Collaborate with our core commodities data team to streamline the integration of Bloomberg data feeds into your analysis.
- Help shape the development of a standalone energy commodities product with the power, gas and carbon analyst teams.
- Support our sales team through conversations with prospective clients, both over the phone and in person.
- Build relationships with our clients and address their questions in a timely manner.
You'll need to have:
- Experience of trading or trading analysis of power markets
- Deep understanding of commercial strategies and tactics used in energy market in areas such as; trading strategies, asset optimisation, real option analysis, portfolio hedging and risk management.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Direct experience developing fundamental market models for power, gas or carbon markets such as; power generation stacks and demand forecasts.
- Experience writing reports on power, gas or carbon markets for internal or external clients.
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of another European language
- Experience using market analysis tools; Bloomberg, Reuters
- Programming experience; Python, C++, R or Matlab
You will be working as part of a global research team at Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy and transport sectors. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the industry, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
If this sounds right for you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.