BQuant Cloud Solutions Architect
Posted Feb 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 100896
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
Finance is changing, and fast; Jupyter and Python are becoming the de-facto toolset for financial professionals. We are building a new product from scratch to open up our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Customers will be able to deploy BQuant pre-configured on their own premises, or buy it as a service from Bloomberg which is hosted on cloud. Our mission for BQuant is to “democratize the industry by providing every participant with advanced quantitative tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds”.
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you’ll work hand in hand with customers to guide them through each phase of the implementation. Beginning during presales, you’ll explain the benefits of the solution and develop a collaborative vision for how BQuant can empower customers. During implementation, you’ll ensure customers successfully implement the solution and help them troubleshoot along the way. Finally, post handoff, you’ll be there to help clients grow their engagement with BQuant and plan ahead for future opportunities.
This is an engineering role, with a strong customer facing component. You’ll need a balance of customer-savvy and technical skills, as well as a collaborative, get-it-done spirit.
We’ll trust you to:
- Engage with customers - assess their needs and map out requirements for their BQuant Enterprise integration
- Design solutions with BQuant Enterprise at the center - develop a plan to incorporate BQuant’s rich functionality for data analysis and machine learning into customer’s existing cloud environments
- Implement BQuant Enterprise - work with TAMs to successfully manage deliverables and communicate status to relevant stakeholders
- Tackle implementation issues head on - skillfully apply a wide array of resources and a network of peers in other departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify new opportunities - work with sales and product teams to develop new use cases that build on BQuant Enterprise
- Provide post-sales support - be an advocate for your customers and ensure they are consistently impressed by the level of support and engagement around BQuant Enterprise
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience in a software delivery role
- Excellent knowledge and experience with AWS, Azure and other public cloud vendors
- Experience with command-line scripting and ability to work in a Linux environment
- Understanding of VMs, containers, and networking
- Experience in a Kubernetes-based deployment environment
- Knowledge and experience coding in programming languages such as Python or golang
- Customer service mindset
- Prior experience working in financial services
- Consulting experience or experience in another customer-facing role
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.