BQuant Go to Market Product Manager
Posted May 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 116286
Who we are:
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the future-looking technical and product arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design, and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware, and applications. We are passionate about what we do.
What we do:
At Bloomberg, we have the richest and most comprehensive financial datasets and analytics in the world. Our powerful enterprise products serve a large and diverse client base from data intensive analytics to trading. The Bloomberg Quant Platform (BQuant) is the frontier of our work – a platform for quantitative finance professionals to rapidly analyze data and research trading strategies.
The BQuant platform brings both data and tools to the larger audience of Bloomberg users. It combines cutting-edge Machine Learning (ML) and quant techniques with financial domain expertise to empower clients to perform collaborative quant research and deploy production workflows integrated with our deep stack of enterprise products. This revolutionary product is enabling clients to rapidly accelerate their research-to-production cycle and achieve an edge in the market.
We are looking for a BQuant Community/ Go to Market Product Manager to join our growing product team.
We’ll trust you to:
As a BQuant Go To Market Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Development and fostering of the BQuant community through partnerships with our sales, implementation teams and 3rd party organizations to grow the market presence of BQuant;
- Define and articulate a compelling vision for how users can use Bloomberg’s data science platform (BQuant) for new workflows based on the BQuant roadmap;
- Conduct analysis on our customer/ firm profiles, analyze client feedback and requirements to identify new workflows and opportunities to expand the userbase of BQuant;
- Work with the BQuant Product teams and key development partner clients to explore and prototype new workflows on the BQuant roadmap with prospective clients;
- Develop internal proof of concepts for new features that can be shared with sales and implementation team;
- Build relationships with teams across the organization to align efforts from many departments
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of buyside industry experience in front office quant research with a strong understanding and experience of getting an idea from research to execution
- Strong familiarity with Python, especially Jupyter notebooks and Pandas
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help out even when it’s not in your job description
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Spark, ML/ NLP technologies, public cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.