We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Bloomberg has a unique position in the market which sees us interact and work with almost every notable organisation through our sales, media, technology and philanthropy programmes. We are now searching for a Client Relations Officer to work alongside our business leads to better connect Bloomberg Financial Products to our broader philanthropy program and to maximise the benefits that the philanthropy group can provide to building high level engagement with business customers.
Based in London, this role will work within Financial Products and will support sales in their client engagement. You will partner across teams, predominately within sales and corporate relations, but also ensuring that we are liaising with marketing, philanthropy, and event production team members. The focus will be to assist the teams by making sure that the most relevant high level clients attend high profile events of various scale and size. You’ll build relationships across divisions to manage project timelines, coordinate client communications and support the business’ revenue goals.
We need someone who:
- Exhibits strong communication skills, able to talk to different audiences and understand their needs
- Can proactively contact prospective clients through a data base whilst continuing to build out a data set
- Is highly collaborative and loves to work closely with people
- Can think on their feet, is highly adaptable, innovative and welcomes change as an exciting and inevitable part of the process (more than a hindrance to execution)
- Is extremely organized and enjoys juggling multiple projects
- Understands the importance of starting small, proving an idea, and then building on that success to scale programs
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify events that are targeted to the interests of our clients in our database, and will drive awareness of both Bloomberg Financial Products and our Philanthropic work
- Partner with the London based sales teams and corporate relations to identify key contacts that we want to build closer relationships with
- Identify, curate and maintain contacts based on their specific areas of interest from contemporary art and theatre, through to Sustainable Investing and Climate Change
- Collaborate across the wider Financial Products businesses to gain relevant face to face introductions with high value clients visiting the office for media or other event engagements
- Monitor the market to ensure that we are growing and maintaining the network
- Be responsible for managing relationship with internal clients through effective communication and proposing creative solutions to solve day to day issues
- Manage email campaign calendar, help fulfill email and evite requests, maintain event websites, and execute other tactics across all platforms (TV, social media, radio, print, web) to promote the events and the content coming out of the events
You need to have
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in the arts or charity sector within a similar support, marketing or coordination role
- A passion for Philanthropy and the arts, and can see how the success of the wider Bloomberg business can help to drive this agenda
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to hold conversations with senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; able to think strategically quickly and judge when you can act autonomously or you require assistance
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
- You must be a strategic thinking and be forthcoming with ideas, while also responding flexibly and positively to feedback
- Master multi-tasker able to manage across multiple tasks with many stakeholders simultaneously against deadlines
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.