Bloomberg Data Analyst – German Speaker
Posted Jul 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 76311
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
In Global Data, you will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes, build relationships with key players in the financial market by providing exceptional client support, and manage the financial data that feeds the Bloomberg Terminal.
Data Analysts possess a unique combination of technical skills and business acumen, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. They use these skills to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive data to our clients. They also play a key role in evolving our products and processes, which makes the role challenging and entrepreneurial.
We’ll trust you to:
- Utilise a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalise data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships
- Design and manage workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Utilise statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Build subject matter expertise and technical skills to generate premium content, including data-driven news stories
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
- Provide in-depth customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM fields
- Fluency in English and German
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming language such as Python, SQL and R
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding and experience of statistics and data modeling
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Customer focused mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Prior work experience in information technology, engineering, finance, data analysis or research
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Established presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank
- Familiarity with Data Science and/or Machine Learning
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment.Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.