Bloomberg Data Analyst – Restaurants & Lifestyles Product
Posted Nov 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 72077
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analysing, and supplying data to empower our clients. We manage workflow processes on the Bloomberg Terminal across multiple data-sets and areas, including data that powers our restaurant and lifestyles product, DINE
What’s the role?
You will apply your analytical skills to identify creative workflow efficiencies and implement technical solutions to enhance our premium restaurant database.
You’ll utilize your Python skills to pre-process and load data to ensure we have the latest restaurant data on the Bloomberg Terminal. You will provide your expertise by quickly and accurately answering client inquiries related to the lifestyles product. You will use your deep knowledge of restaurants, chefs and food to improve the coverage of the product and inform users of restaurant opening around the globe.
We’ll trust you to:
- Write, debug and run Python scripts to pre-process and load data
- Provide the latest restaurant data by manually adding the newest high-profile restaurants to our database
- On-board and maintain third-party data, by leading an informal group who are building scripts to process our third-party feed of restaurant data
- Provide business intelligence insights into the data’s completeness, accuracy, timeliness
- Build crowd-sourcing jobs to supplement our data
- Collaborate with colleagues in Product and Engineering to build the highest-quality, customer-focused product
- Finally, you may also be involved with the creation of high-end editorial content on restaurants and the industry, as part of our Bloomberg Reserve product.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Finance, Informatics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or other applied sciences
- Experience using Python (or another language) to load and clean data-sets
- Excellent analytical skills and close attention to detail
- A sincere interest in the restaurant industry – perhaps you write a blog, run a social-media account, review restaurants, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience building a data ingestion pipeline, based on Python/SQL, to on-board a complex data-set
- Professional project/program management, with the ability to deliver on tight deadlines
- Previous, demonstrable experience in leading the delivery of simultaneous technical projects and successfully prioritizing tasks
- Designed business intelligence solutions to provide insights into a data-set
- Worked in a scrum team as a product owner or scrum master
- Demonstrated experience of delivering exceptional customer service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.