We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated intern to join our analysis team to focus on residential and commercial energy storage. You're someone with a passion for clean energy, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to delve into complex subjects and build your own network in the industry. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our London office, working as part of our energy storage research team at Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop knowledge on the energy storage sector, focusing on behind-the-meter (customer-sited) applications and policy
- Monitor and record behind-the-meter uptake by country and application, and use this to develop installation forecasts for major regions
- Write and publish reports in English about behind-the-meter energy storage markets globally, covering major policy developments, economic analysis, company profiling and market player strategies
- Work with colleagues to identify and record important policies relevant to the sector
- Engage with clients and industry figures regularly
What's the role:
- You will join as an intern in our global energy storage team, working closely with analysts from a number of teams looking at consumer-facing products
- As part of a team, you will conduct research and produce written reports on the findings
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry in order to check assumptions, gather insights and get non-confidential information.
- Gather and organize data on the energy storage industry
- Clearly communicate your research to clients and prospects
You'll need to have:
- Interest in and enthusiasm for clean energy, especially relating to consumer-focused applications.
- Exceptional communication skills: writing (for research reports, in English) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media).
- Graduate degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline.
- Confidence conducting numerical analysis
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying scepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Curiosity and the ability to quickly understand, distill and relate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts and academics
- Excellent time management skills and confidence working on multiple projects at once
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of either German or Italian would be beneficial.
- Experience of the energy industry, ideally focused on consumer-facing approaches, or closely related businesses and institutions
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION