Bloomberg Intelligence - ESG Corporate Governance Analyst
Posted Dec 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 98201
Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) provides Terminal users with in-depth analysis, commentary and data sets on over 135 industries and 2,000 companies across ten major sectors - as well as the government, credit and litigation factors that impact decision making.
Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
Corporate governance, executive compensation, board diversity and robust accounting and audit practices are key to align company goals, manage the needs of a diverse shareholder base (including minority, founders, activist investors) and reduce investment risks. By helping to assess, embed and deliver corporate governance into actionable research, we can help clients engage with corporate and gain insight into the potential direction of a company, industry or market.
We are looking for a sharp, energetic and highly-motivated research analyst to join our global Bloomberg Intelligence team based in London, You would be a core member of a team, leading EMEA Corporate Governance research and franchise for Bloomberg Intelligence.
We'll trust you to:
- Translate pressing corporate governance (proxy, activism, accounting, etc) issues into finance-related metrics that inform investment decisions and translate such insight into analysis and actionable research
- Develop a data-driven and financially-informed corporate governance research franchise covering proxy, activism, stewardship, accounting, risks
- Develop governance-driven models, frameworks, portfolio strategies and support the creation of indices
- Train and Work with Bloomberg Intelligence associates and analysts across sectors to integrate corporate governance material issues and events covering board composition, board independent, diversity, executive compensation for example) into their research
- In addition to traditional Corporate Governance, we'd like to extend corporate governance risk to regulatory and/or accounting risks depending on experience
- Support Bloomberg ESG range of Scores development Governance data, product and scores
You'll need to have:
- Five or more years of corporate governance and shareholders engagement research experience
- Knowledge of broader financial markets, portfolio strategies and indices
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Primary research and writing skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter, independent-thinker, and collaborative team-player.
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal.
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced financial certification such as a CFA charterholder.
How we’ll support you:
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- D&I Communities & Networks: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/values/diversity-and-inclusion/
- Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups).
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com