Bloomberg Intelligence - ESG Governance Research Analyst
Posted Oct 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 96120
Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) provides Terminal users with in-depth analysis, models and data sets on over 135 industries and 2,000 companies. Teams across asset classes including Equity, Strategy, Credit, Government, Litigation, and ESG generate research that provides creative investment ideas and products tailored to our client - by investment professionals, for investment professionals.
Climate change, regulatory pressures and the importance of human capital are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research and data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
By better understanding ESG factors and how they impact corporate and sovereign credit ratings and debt capacity, while exploring new ESG related debt instruments, clients can gain insight into the potential direction of a company, industry, or market.
We are looking for a highly-motivated research analyst to join our team, focusing on Governance
We'll trust you to:
- Introduce and support the development of data and solutions covering accounting irregularities
- Leverage such product to publish research which points to companies prone to accounting and financial reporting irregularities.
- Develop ESG accounting models, portfolio strategies and indices
- Coverage: Governance -- In addition to traditional Corporate Governance, such coverage could extend to regulation and/or accounting risks depending on experience
- Support development of and write research on Governance data, product and scores
- Publish governance-driven investment research (proxy tracking and comments, governance-driven trends that impact stocks/IPOs/SPAC/M&A, say on pay, taxes, activism, regional nuances and practices
- Develop governance-driven models, portfolio strategies and support the creation of indices
debt and articulate trends and investment implications in research report and screens.
You'll need to have:
- Four or more years of ESG research experience, with exposure to ESG Governance research
- Knowledge of broader financial markets
- Good understanding of ESG accounting models, portfolio strategies and indices
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Extraordinary primary research and writing skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter, independent-thinker, and collaborative team-player.
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal.
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder.
- Knowledge of quantitative modelling, statistical analysis, and programming.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org