Bloomberg Intelligence - Equity Strategy Research Associate
Posted Nov 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 79556
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data and creates insight which drives financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professional’s foresight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this fast-growing team and responsible for supporting Equity Strategists, generating insights, constructing data analysis and conducting investment research. Research will require a combination of fundamental, technical and quantitative analysis, and include aggregation and periodic assessments of earnings trends, market and sector performance, and relative value. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg data sets and the group’s proprietary financial models. Collaboration with strategy, industry, government and litigation teams is a key element of this role. BI analysts and strategists arm Bloomberg users with the data and insights necessary to make market assessments.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting sectors and the market at large
- Management and modelling of large data sets, including aggregation and calculation of fundamental series for industries, sectors and indices
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external users
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and improve content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree is critical, progress toward or achievement of CFA designation is preferred
- Research experience in either equity strategy or economics, with genuine interest in developing career in macro research is essential to succeed in this role
- Proven excellence in managing and modelling large data sets, with high interest in progressive learning of new quantitative systems
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, track record of collaboration with team
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting with experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Strong familiarity with equity market indices and econometric data sets
- High attentional to detail and demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
We'd love to see:
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred
- A high level proficiency in econometric and statistical modelling
- Advanced modelling skills, including knowledge of VBA and understanding of Python
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favourite functions are!
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.