Bloomberg Intelligence - European Interest Rate Strategist
Posted Jun 14, 2018 - Requisition No. 67634
Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents. We give you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. We offer valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts. BI research coverage also includes economics, strategy, credit, regulation, litigation, and environmental, social, and governance. Our work gives trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries and markets stand today and where they may be heading next.
Bloomberg L.P. announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Barclays Risk Analytics and Index Solutions Ltd. ("BRAIS"), a leading provider of benchmark and strategy indices, portfolio analytics, risk and attribution models, and portfolio construction tools. BRAIS's benchmark indices span global markets covering multiple asset classes, most notably the Barclays Family of Aggregate Bond Indices. Bloomberg currently participates in the index business through the Bloomberg Commodity Index, also known as BCOM (formerly the UBS-Dow Jones Commodities Index), and the Bloomberg AusBond Indices (formerly the UBS Australia Bond Index family).
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
As a Bloomberg Intelligence European Interest Rate Strategist, you would be part of this growing global research team and be responsible for providing research coverage referencing the European Developed Sovereign Bond and Inflation Linked Indices through monthly and annual return attribution reports. You would be responsible for frequent publishing of important events that impact these markets as well as thematic, forward-looking and timely event driven research that cross-references relevant indices where appropriate.
The analysis will be based on the Barclays / Bloomberg Bond Indices and data sets, Bloomberg Valuation (BVAL) bond prices, Bloomberg's portfolio analysis tools including PORT, MARS, DRSK, and SRSK, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, and third party data vendors where appropriate.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Facilitate research and analysis through collaboration with relevant Bloomberg analysts
- Publish research on a regular basis and communicate it to relevant Bloomberg terminal clients via phone calls, in-person meetings, MSG/email and online chat
- Build and manage partnerships with key external market professionals, including clients and prospects, to identify additional commercial opportunities
- Conceptualize, construct and maintain research dashboards
- Serve as liaison with major industry and bond market trade groups
- Help to identify, support and maintain critical data and functionality on the Bloomberg terminal
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in fixed income index research, including experience interpreting fixed income index performance and attribution analysis
- Knowledge of advanced analytical skills including econometric modeling and sensitivity analysis
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects requiring frequent publication schedules including next day turnaround on month end index research and analysis
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills
- Marketing or business development experience
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player
- A working knowledge of our Bloomberg Professional Service
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
- Sell-side or buy-side Research Analyst experience
- CFA designation, MBA degree, and/or graduate educational experience
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
- Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.