Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data and creates insight which drives financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professional’s foresight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this expanding team and responsible for working with analysts in the European Equity Strategy Research team, conducting data analysis, generating insights and writing investment research. Our research includes ongoing assessments of earnings trends, market and sector performance, and relative value. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements. Collaboration with the industry, credit, government and litigation teams is a key element of this role. BI does not make recommendations or estimates, but BI analysts and strategists arm Bloomberg users with the data and insights necessary to make market assessments.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, idea generation, written research)
- Monitor and interpret major market developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Manage significant datasets and related analysis as part of your day-to-day activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external investor, company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients in multiple ways, including our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You’ll need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- Financial market research experience is essential to have success in this role
- Experience managing and manipulating large data sets
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred
- A high level proficiency in econometric and statistical modeling
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Financial Macro Development and knowledge of VBA
- Strong familiarity with European equity indices
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
Opening Date: May 18th 2017
Closing Date: June 15th 2017
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.