Bloomberg Intelligence - Fixed Income Strategy Research Associate
Posted May 16, 2019 - Requisition No. 75151
Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents. We give you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. We offer valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts. BI research coverage also includes economics, strategy, credit, regulation, litigation, and environmental, social, and governance. Our work gives trading and investment professionals’ deep insight into where crucial industries and markets stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's the role?
Being part of a growing global research team, responsible for supporting senior analysts in the Bloomberg Intelligence Fixed Income, Commodities and Currencies (FICC) Strategy team. The right candidate will be interested in credit and currency markets, assist analysts with generating and supporting insights with a mix of fundamental and quantitative approaches, and help with the frequent publication of research.
The analysis will be based on the Barclays / Bloomberg Bond Indices and data sets, Bloomberg Valuation (BVAL) bond prices, Bloomberg's portfolio analysis tools including PORT, MARS, DRSK, and SRSK, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, and third party data vendors where appropriate.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Interact regularly with clients via our online messaging systems, telephone and client visits
- Conceptualise, construct and maintain research dashboards
- Help to identify, support and maintain critical data and functionality on the Bloomberg terminal
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in a quantitative field
- Financial market research experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
We'd love to see:
- Proficient in statistical and/or econometric modelling; basics of financial engineering
- Strong interest in learning about corporate credit and / or global rates and currency markets
- CFA designation, or pursuit thereof
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or knowledge of VBA
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 16th May 2019
Closing date: 13th June 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits