Bloomberg Intelligence - Research Editor - London
Posted Mar 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 73879
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyse the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysis also focuses on the industry looking at the changing landscape and how it will affect company performance. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyse the data as well.
What’s the role?
You're an experienced editor who thrives under real-time deadline pressure. You will edit research that is creative and insightful, while being accessible to the general business reader. You have an ability to translate jargon and complex discussions into clear language with a strong voice and view.
We'll trust you to:
- Edit and publish our research under deadline pressure
- Edit copy for accuracy and insightful coverage across a broad range of industries, with a likely focus on credit related research
- Collaborate across our BI team both editors and analysts
- Take on other duties as needed to support the BI and editorial management
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive editing experience in the finance industry or at a financial news media outlet
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills
- An ability to work in a team environment
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Credit research communication formats (particularly written communication) or financial news experience
- Experience editing online content
- A working knowledge of our Bloomberg Professional Service
- Experience working with financial analysts
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.