Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents. We give you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. We offer valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts. Our research coverage also includes economics, credit, regulation, litigation, and environmental, social, and governance. Our work gives trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's the role?
You will join our Litigation & Government to identify, analyse and track legal and regulatory developments including proposed and final rule makings and significant enforcement actions to our core customer base. Ideally you will have competition law and merger risk analysis experience.
We'll trust you to:
- Identify, prioritise, research, and track key litigation, regulation and mergers across industries
- Analyse this and related content (e.g., significant enforcement actions) for trends, impact, implications and expected next steps
- Facilitate research and analysis between all relevant Bloomberg analysts, including those at BI, BGOV and BNA
- Collaborate with peers in other geographies to compare and contrast financial regulation across major regions
- Author and co-author summaries on watch lists items and related actions for use in the BI function and other functions on the Bloomberg terminal
- Write research on a regular basis and communicate it to our clients via phone calls, in-person meetings, and online chat
- Engage in primary research, including regular dialogue with regulatory agency staffers, companies and associations, and related participants
- Identify, support and maintain critical policy-related data and functionality on the terminal
You'll need to have:
- A Law degree
- Experience as an agency official or lawyer with familiarity with in the relevant EU and UK competition agencies
- Prior experience with following proposed laws, regulations, court cases and analysing their potential impact on industries and companies
- Strong analysis, primary research and writing skills
- An entrepreneurial mind-set; be a self-starter and independent thinker
- A passion for collaboration, working with the team and other BI industry analysts
- A desire travel to regional offices as needed
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.