Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents. We give clients unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. We offer valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts. Our research coverage also includes economics, credit, regulation, litigation, and environmental, social, and governance. Our work gives trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's the role?
You would be responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies within the Business Services sector. Your analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, as well as company calls and announcements.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with Industry senior analysts to coordinate analysis of companies
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industry
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews
- Collaborate with other research product teams, including Legal, Government, Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies
- Work with Fundamentals & Economic Statistics teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments and external market professionals
You'll need to have:
- Substantial experience in Equity Research, specialising in the Business Services sector
- Sell-side or buy-side Research Analyst experience
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting
- Extraordinary primary research and writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- The ability to be a self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation, MBA degree, and/or graduate educational experience
Opening Date: March 2nd 2017
Closing Date: March 30th 2017
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.