You're a well-respected journalist with an entrepreneurial streak. You are excited by the idea of conceptualizing and leading live specialized editorial events globally for Bloomberg Live. You are a creative thinker, an innovator, and a team player. As a Senior Programming Director for Bloomberg Live events, you will work closely with the Editor and the General Manager of Bloomberg Live to develop sophisticated, newsmaking programming that enhances Bloomberg's editorial mission, burnishes our brand in the marketplace and is commercially successful. In this role, you'll work closely with colleagues across all of Bloomberg and with sponsors to develop editorially relevant and financially successful content while upholding Bloomberg's strict editorial integrity guidelines.
We'll trust you to:
- Create proposals for newsworthy and interesting new events; respond to Requests for - Proposals from sales to ensure the events are consistent with Bloomberg's editorial mission, can attract the target audience and are newsworthy.
- Identify and secure high-level and/or relevant speakers and presenters
- Collaborate with your editorial, sales and marketing colleagues and other across - Bloomberg to jointly develop timely, differentiated, and compelling content packages.
- Work across divisions, regions and media platforms to help develop editorial franchise efforts across all platforms.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of ten years of journalism or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in developing high-concept or buzz-worthy panels or feature stories, utilizing top global executives or newsmakers
- Strong knowledge of international business news, particularly in areas of finance, technology, policy and politics, and economics
- Open to new commercial models
- A strong external network of newsmakers that can be relied on for ideas, bookings, and expanded relationships
- Creativity and innovation in all formats and concepts
- That intangible quality that shows you are a force of nature. You are able to harness the organization generating action and enthusiasm.
- The ability to juggle multiple assignments with good time management skills.
- Experience booking for television and radio preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We work hard, and we work fast -- while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing all the time. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.