Bloomberg Media - Account Manager - Media Advertising Sales: Financial Services
Posted Jun 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 91567
Bloomberg Media’s mission is to empower business leaders and our brand partners by inventing the solutions, knowledge and connections they need to thrive in a transforming world.
We do this through deep, smart, global reporting of the world of business, powered by unmatched data and the world’s largest newsroom.
Bloomberg Media EMEA is looking for an experienced media sales executive to join the Financial Services team.
Based in the incredible Bloomberg London office at Bank, this individual will manage and build close relationships with key client and media agency decision makers within a patch of agencies, clients and regions, and sell UK, European and global solutions using any or all Bloomberg Media’s platforms and products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work at pace with key clients and media agencies across a variety of financial services sub-categories such as asset management, commercial and investment banking, private banking and brokerage, together with some regions on a corporate and FDI basis and other vertical categories when circumstances dictate
- Understand our clients’ business and markets at a level that impresses and reassures all contacts that we are best-in-class industry experts, always providing excellent levels of customer service
- Understand all Bloomberg Media’s platforms and products and why/how/when to pitch them
- Become familiar with and use all necessary data and insight resources within Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Media to create unique propositions for clients and agencies
- Create and deliver a plan for the patch containing new business and business development strategy, revenue objectives and steps needed to get there
- Pitch clear, relevant, compelling solutions at a senior level, both proactively and to briefs
- Provide the Practice Lead for Financial Services with regular, accurate forecasts of revenue for the patch by quarter and year
You’ll need to have/be:
- Bachelors degree/equivalent or higher
- At least five years of successful multi-platform media sales experience or equivalent
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and agencies at a senior level
- An ability and passion for identifying and securing new business and business development opportunities
- A creative mindset that allows you to think beyond the obvious response and outside the brief
- Strong, accurate communication and confident, compelling presentation skills – internal and external
- Rock-solid understanding of the multi-platform media advertising landscape
- A reliable, accountable, tenacious and patient team player with a growth mindset
- Highly organised, capable of multitasking and working accurately and empathetically in a fast paced environment with multiple internal stakeholders
We would love to see:
- A good knowledge of the global financial services landscape, especially asset management, financial markets and CIB
- Experience of working with international, financial, B2B clients and agencies
- Experience of creating and delivering successful content partnerships
- A high level of emotional intelligence
If you think you have the above experience and qualities, please apply, and if we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.