Bloomberg NEF: Europe Future of Mobility Analyst
Posted Sep 4, 2018 - Requisition No. 70151
We are seeking a highly-motivated, talented individual to join our Advanced Transport analyst team to undertake research and analysis on the global e-mobility market, shared mobility services, and autonomous vehicle technology. You’re someone with a keen interest in clean transport and the automotive sector. You develop original opinions through critical examination, and you enjoy communicating these in both writing and speech. Your quantitative skills are strong, you are excited by technology, and you have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be working as part of a global research team at Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy and transport sectors. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the industry, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We'll trust you to:
- Conduct research on the policy, technology, and economic factors shaping the global future of transport. This includes areas like charging infrastructure business models, changing policy frameworks, EV/grid integration, battery technology, autonomous vehicle technology, regulation on shared mobility services and automakers' strategies.
- Gather and organize data sets pertaining to these topics
- Publish written research on topics as above
- Do quantitative analysis, market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Address clients’ questions in a timely manner and present the team’s research at external conferences
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the transport sector
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations)
- Work closely with other teams at Bloomberg NEF, including Intelligent Mobility and Power sector teams
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Have excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
We'd love to see:
- A graduate degree in sciences or engineering
- A background in technology or the automotive industry
- Speak another language. Knowledge of German, Japanese or Korean would be an added benefit
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.