Bloomberg NEF, Emerging Technologies Senior Analyst/Associate
Posted Oct 23, 2018 - Requisition No. 71425
Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities.
With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day.
We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated Senior Analyst/Associate to join the BNEF analysis team and write research on the Internet of Things, machine learning, robotics and their impact on industrial processes, energy consumption, jobs, business models and environmental considerations.
We'll trust you to:
- Write in an engaging and developed manner so that the work is both informative and easy to read and understand
- Identify market players, analyse their strategies and product offerings, and compare relative strengths and weaknesses, owning data-sets and models
- Explain clearly how digital technologies work and how they might be used in industry
- Collect and analyse quantitative information on technology costs
- Engage with clients and industry figures regularly, through visiting their offices, speaking at conferences, attending working groups, presenting content to clients and prospects
- Work with colleagues in your team and other teams to identify the potential impact of the technologies your team covers on the other topics that BNEF writes about
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years* of relevant experience, ideally within the industries of technology, power, oil, gas or manufacturing
- Interest and knowledge of large and small technology and industrial companies, their business models and product offerings
- Exceptional communication skills
- Confidence conducting both numerical and qualitative analysis
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
Note: This is not a technical role in engineering or software programming
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of software technologies, focused on data solutions, internet of things, machine learning or related areas
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.