Bloomberg NEF: EU Carbon Market Analyst
Posted Dec 11, 2018 - Requisition No. 72478
We are seeking a motivated and talented individual to join our EU Carbon analyst team to undertake research and analysis on the European Carbon Markets. You’re someone with an interest in energy and the environment and are excited to learn about the intersection between power, gas and carbon markets. You like forming original opinions based on both data and conversations and enjoy communicating your arguments verbally and through charts and writing. Your quantitative skills are strong, you are interested in environmental issues and you like to filter through the noise to get to the key points. You enjoy working in a team, learning from colleagues and are excited by the prospect of working in an international role with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be working as part of a global research team at Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy and transport sectors. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the industry, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We'll trust you to:
- Learn quickly from our team of experts about the economic and political factors shaping the present and future of the carbon market. This includes areas like emissions forecasting, power sector analysis, understand gas demand and supply, industry impacts and of course the politics and policies around energy and climate change.
- Gather and organize data sets pertaining to these topics
- Publish written research on topics as above
- Do quantitative analysis to understand the factors affecting the price of carbon
- Speak with individuals in government and industry to gather information and opinions
- Address clients’ questions in a timely manner
- Be a point of contact for journalists covering the carbon, power and environmental sectors
You'll need to have:
- An enthusiasm for learning about new and complex topics
- A demonstrable interest in energy, the environment and the role of markets
- Excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations)
- The ability to collaborate within and across teams
- A strong working knowledge of Excel, and be comfortable using Word and PowerPoint
We'd love to see:
- Someone with some experience of energy, markets or environmental policy
- Experience of working internationally
- Knowledge of another European language
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.