We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated individual to join our analysis team. You’re someone with a passion for clean energy, who wants to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to delve into complex subjects and build your own network in the industry. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our London office, working as part of our energy storage research team at Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
We'll trust you to:
- Become an expert on the energy storage sector, focusing on storage technologies and their application in markets in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Write and publish reports in English about battery technologies, including detailed analysis on lithium-ion cell formats, chemistries, manufacturing, and the subsequent impact on cost and performance
- Work closely with colleagues to develop insights on energy storage markets across EMEA, covering major policy developments, economic analysis, company profiling and market player strategies
- Monitor and record energy storage uptake and important policies, and use this to develop and update regional forecasts
- Engage with clients and industry figures regularly
What's the role:
- You will join as an energy storage analyst in EMEA with a specific focus on energy storage technologies
- As part of a team, you will identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and produce written reports on the findings
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry in order to check assumptions and get non-confidential data
- Gather and organize data on the energy storage industry
- Clearly communicate your research to clients and prospects
You'll need to have:
- Interest in and enthusiasm for clean energy technologies
- Exceptional communication skills: writing (for research reports, in English) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media).
- Graduate degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline
- Confidence conducting numerical analysis
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Curiosity and the ability to quickly understand, distill and relate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts and academics
- Excellent time management skills and confidence working on multiple projects at once
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of either German or Italian would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the energy / power industry
- Some knowledge of electrochemical energy storage technologies, particularly lithium-ion
- Interest in chemistry and materials science
- Confidence with mathematical and accounting calculations
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION