You're someone with a real enthusiasm for green finance, and you are curious to understand how climate-related financial innovations can boost global efforts in environmental sustainability. You like to develop original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience, through writing and oral presentations. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to delve into complex subjects and build your own network in the industry. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated analyst to join the BNEF analysis team and write new research on green finance, clean energy investment and other climate-related finance themes.
You will be based in our brand new London office, working as part of the Green Finance research team at Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. We help clients stay on top of developments across the energy sector, supported by the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform.
What’s the role?
- You will join as an analyst in our global green finance team, working closely with analysts from a number of teams across BNEF
- As part of a team, you will conduct research and produce written reports on the findings
- Gather and organize data on the green capital markets
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry in order to check assumptions, gather insights and get non-confidential information
- Clearly communicate your research to clients and prospects
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop knowledge on green capital market trends, opportunities and innovations. Topics may include green bonds, equities, loans, mortgages, indices, funds and clean energy project finance
- Identify market players, analyze their strategies and product offerings, and compare performance of green products and portfolios
- Understand what role green finance will play in unlocking capital for global de-carbonization efforts, and what policies, frameworks and principles could be used to scale green capital markets
- Monitor and record partnerships within the sector
- Collect and analyze quantitative information on the costs and benefits of green finance and climate-related disclosures
- Write and publish reports in English about market trends in green finance, which could include market deep-dives, forecasts, issuer supply and investor demand for green products
- Engage with clients and industry figures regularly, through visiting their offices, speaking at conferences, attending working groups, presenting content to clients and prospects
- Work with colleagues to identify and highlight the potential impact of the financial markets your team covers on the other topics that BNEF writes about
You’ll need to have:
- Intellectual curiosity, interest in and enthusiasm for climate-related finance and clean energy investment
- Financial sector experience or knowledge, ideally in fixed income or equities
- Exceptional communication skills, fluency in English and confidence to deliver presentations to clients and conference delegates
- Degree in a quantitative subject like economics, maths, engineering, sciences, or computer science
- Confidence conducting both numerical and qualitative analysis
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, finding key patterns, applying judgment to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Ability to quickly understand, distill and communicate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence in conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts, large institutional investors and leading academics
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects at once
We’d love to see:
- Additional language skills, especially Chinese, Spanish, German or French
- Finance-related qualifications, such as CFA, IMC, CRC etc.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.