You're one of those people who have a passion for clean energy (ideally solar), and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to deeply analyse complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our London office, working on Solar as part of the Bloomberg New Energy Finance team - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers in renewable energy, biofuels, low-carbon technologies and the carbon markets. With the unrivalled depth and breadth of our comprehensive web-based platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
We'll trust you to;
- Become an expert on solar in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with a focus on new solar markets
- Maintain solar installation forecasts for the region and explain them to clients
- Learn and write about technical solar topics such as inverters and tracking systems
- Publish detailed and timely reports on auctions, policy changes and breakthroughs
What's the role;
- Identify topics of interest to clients, research and write on them
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts in the industry in order to sense-check assumptions and get non-confidential data
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
- Assist the BNEF London team on cross-sector projects as needed
- Present our research at conferences
- Speak with clients and prospects to share insights related to areas of expertise
You'll need to have;
- Interest in and enthusiasm for the solar industry
- Educational background in science, technology or an otherwise numerate subject
- Ability to cut through the noise of data, extract and analyse key patterns, and to apply skepticism to the claims of industry participants and ask insightful questions
- Exceptional communication skills: writing, speaking, and graphical presentation. Written and spoken English must be excellent.
We'd love to see;
- Professional-level Arabic or French language skills
- Experience of the solar industry, or closely related businesses and institutions
- A knowledge of Power Electronics
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://about.bnef.com/
*PLEASE ADD A COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.