Bloomberg New Energy Finance provides unique analysis, tools and data for decision makers driving change in the energy system. With unrivalled depth and breadth, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum from our comprehensive web-based platform. BNEF has 200 staff based in London, New York, Beijing, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
BNEF products fit your daily workflow, streamline your research, sharpen your strategy and keep you informed. BNEF's sectorial products provide financial, economic and policy analysis, as well as news and the world's most comprehensive database of assets, investments, companies and equipment in the clean energy space. BNEF's regional products provide a comprehensive view on the transformation of the energy system by region.
What’s the role:
We are looking for a talented, highly-motivated individual to join our Wind Energy analyst team in London. You’re someone with a keen interest in innovation and energy and have a flair for forming original opinions on complex topics. You are comfortable with thinking both quantitatively and qualitatively and have the ability to communicate your ideas to a broad audience. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds.
You will be based in our London office, working as part of our Wind Energy analyst team at Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
- You will join our Wind Energy analyst team in London
- Together with the team members, you will identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and produce written reports on the findings
- You will frequently collaborate with the sales team in building new audiences for your analysis
- You will be working with colleagues and clients based around the world – periodic travel is expected
We'll trust you to:
- Become an expert on the onshore wind sector in Europe, the Middle East & Africa, providing insights on its role in the changing energy market.
- Research, analyze and write about the latest developments in the onshore wind energy markets. This includes policy developments, technology trends, long-term forecasts, competitive auction analysis, key player strategies, and other relevant topics.
- Think critically, cut through the noise of quantitative and qualitative information and to form original, defensible opinions based on this
- Collaborate closely with analysts across the company to create new tools and data sets to track the development of the energy sector
- Communicate your ideas, verbally, in writing and visually through charts and diagrams
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry to gather information and insight on the sector
- Engage with clients and industry figures regularly
- Support the business development team in client meetings; represent Bloomberg New Energy Finance and speak at conferences and events
You need to have:
- Strong graduate degree in a policy, scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline as well as a demonstrated interest in the clean energy sector.
- Exceptional communication skills: written (for research reports), verbal (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media) and visually (creating charts and diagrams to support your analysis).
- Good analytical skills and ability to assimilate new and highly technical information
- Strong quantitative skills
- Have a high work rate, be highly organized, able to prioritize and work on parallel tasks, and have rigorous attention to detail
- Fluency in English
- Able and willing to work hard, take initiative and have fun.
We’d love to see:
- Candidates with previous experience of the wind industry or energy sector.
- Fluency in non-English languages, particularly German, French or Spanish.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.