We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Energy Economics analysis team. You're one of those people who have a passion for energy markets and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our London office, working on our long-term power market analysis as part of the Energy Economics team, for Bloomberg New Energy Finance- the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
We’ll trust you to:
- Undertake power system modelling and analysis taking technical, economic and environmental constraints into account and develop a deep understanding of country and technology – level trends
- Write about power market dynamics with a focus on changes that are happening to demand and supply in the medium and long term.
- Engage with clients, market experts and potential clients, demonstrating expertise and acting as ambassador for Bloomberg New Energy Finance’s pursuit of analytical excellence
What’s the role:
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Promote high degree of knowledge leadership in the market
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry and promote/represent BNEF across a wide variety of senior stakeholders
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
You’ll need to have:
- Solid understanding of long-term power markets analysis and their transition to a low-carbon future
- Interest in and enthusiasm for the transformation of the energy sector
- Professional experience in an energy, consulting, strategy or financial organisation or equivalent academic qualification
- Academic background in a numerate discipline
- The confidence and intellectual curiosity to thrive in an analytical environment
- Exceptional quantitative skills, comfort with large databases and excel modelling
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate and assess new and highly technical information
- Track record of working effectively in a close-knit and collaborative team
- Strong organisational and time-management skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creativity, problem solving and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Strong communication and report writing skills
You’d love to see:
- Experience working on projects which involve long-term planning,
- Exposure to, and general interest in, business development & sales work
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.