Bloomberg News - European Agriculture Reporter
Posted Jun 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 91747
We're seeking a resourceful, self-starting reporter to write about agricultural commodities. Sugar, coffee and cocoa will form the basis of your beat -- a rich vein for market-moving scoops.
You'll coordinate with reporters across the globe -- covering cocoa growers in Ghana to sugar refining in Dubai -- and will be expected to tell the story to both specialist readers and to a wider global audience. There's plenty of scope for creative storytelling and multimedia work -- as well as fast paced market analysis.
We'll trust you to:
- Build a deep network of sources in European and global agriculture markets, focusing on soft commodities
- Become an expert on your beat, able to spot the key news developments and trends early on, break news that's meaningful and shape longer-form stories that are smart, insightful and engaging
- Work well in a team environment, collaborating across both the newsroom and the globe
You'll need to have:
- A track record of cultivating sources and breaking news covering a beat
- Willingness to learn the intricacies of commodities markets
- An ability to generate story ideas independently
- A keen curiosity about the global food system and how it is evolving
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org