Bloomberg Philanthropy & Engagement in EMEA
Posted Jan 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 73198
As part of Bloomberg Philanthropies, the company's Philanthropy and Engagement programme is core to Bloomberg’s culture. The team harnesses the resources of the company and the skills of its employees to benefit our colleagues, clients and communities around the world.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our Philanthropy & Engagement team in London. The role involves you working very closely with the Head of Philanthropy for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), communicating key initiatives and programmes, and coordinating administrative and planning needs across the team.
The ideal candidate will be superbly organised, with excellent written and oral communication skills and be an outstanding team player. You will need to enjoy working independently as well as part of a regional and global team, be able to prioritise and multi-task in a fast paced environment, as well as have confidence when interacting with a variety of people and projects at various levels.
This role will particularly suit you if you have experience in an internal or external communications role with knowledge of financial services and/or philanthropic programming being a plus. Flexibility in terms of approach and hours is essential.
We'll Trust You To:
- Prepare, improve and maintain overviews and briefings for key meetings, focus areas, partners and themes
- Help plan, support and track the team's priorities and programming
- Develop and drive internal and external communications in collaboration with the company and foundation’s communications, marketing and social media teams
- Handle scheduling, meeting preparation and travel arrangements, support with speech writing and presentations, and provide other administrative tasks for the EMEA Head of Philanthropy & Engagement
- Develop and drive a wide variety of special projects and initiatives that cut across business units and focuses alongside partners internally and externally
You'll Need to Have:
- A critical eye for detail
- Strong background in Communications either from your current or previous role(s)
- Phenomenal project and time management skills
- Strong aptitude for structuring presentations and narratives
- The ability to influence, direct and encourage others across a wide range of colleagues and partners
- A strong will to succeed in a creative, innovative and dynamic environment
- Excellent emotional intelligence, business discernment and discretion
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Powerpoint and Excel
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.