Bloomberg QuickTake Video Editor
Posted Aug 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 106319
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurship we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, magazine, radio, television, and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source for the world's most influential leaders.
In December 2017, Bloomberg launched Quicktake, a global news network for the social, mobile, streaming world. We're seeking a confident video editor to help expand Quicktake's digital video publications.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Fill daily A/V tasks upon demand from animations/gifs, short text-on-screen news clips to punchy explainers in the 1-5 minute range
- Drive post-production on everything from social first shorts to longer explainer news packages
- Be able to craft stories from raw footage but also understand timing, cutting to music, and basic graphic design.
- Be able to identify story arc from a news article or raw data and write scripts in conversational yet conclusive language
- Identify trending stories, verse yourself in Bloomberg News content and understand the elements that make video successful on social media and streaming services.
- Use your deep technical skills within Adobe Premiere to deliver polished final exports in a variety of formats and aspect ratios as platforms demand.
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced creative environment.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Attention to detail, strong news judgment.
- Experience in video production preferably within a news organization.
- Ability and curiosity around communicating information in visual ways.
- A love of storytelling, an informed visual aesthetic in keeping with design trends, and a deep interest in the technical execution of all things video.
- Advanced skill in Adobe Premiere and experience with the broader Creative Suite. Elevated - After Effects skills are a must
- Familiarity with LUTs and color correction in Lumetri
- Camera know-how and field shooting/producing is an asset (Sony & Canon)
- Familiarity with field audio production (boom and lavalier microphones) an asset
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (possible Saturday/Sundays) and travel.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com