Bloomberg TOMS - Account Manager
Posted Nov 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 79649
Bloomberg Trading Solutions addresses the entire workflow with front-end portfolio, inventory, sales and trading, and middle and back office operations solutions for both buy-side and sell-side firms.
Bloomberg Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) provides fixed income sell-side firms the capabilities to efficiently manage inventory, risk, P&L, compliance and straight-through processing. The enterprise suite of solutions includes electronic trading tools and market connectivity to help firms synchronize their front office risk and trading with middle-office, operations and enterprise applications in real-time.
What's the role?
As a key member of our growing EMEA Account Management team, you'll be responsible for providing exceptional service to our TOMS clients, building deep relationships, generating leads and driving adoption and revenue. You'll work closely with your customers to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships. You'll also play a role in influencing the direction of our products by providing feedback on user workflow demand, competitor intelligence, and market trends. The position is based in London and may require continental travel.
You'll need to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of the sell side community, have an understanding of the operational and trading activities of the customer and have a thorough understanding of Order Management Systems, optimal workflow and usage benefits. You will need to be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients by being a good listener and understanding their Enterprise needs before recommending solutions.
We will trust you to:
- Strategically look across your coverage to determine gaps in client’s workflow to increase their usage of the terminal and marquee products
- Proactively find and monitor at-risk users to defend the Bloomberg business
- Manage usage campaigns, both self-initiated to achieve business targets and management driven initiatives
- Develop a sound understanding of Bloomberg’s products, how they integrate with financial markets and have the ability to position our solutions appropriately
- Demonstrate a strong level of Bloomberg customer type knowledge, by understanding how that player type makes money, does their job, and utilizes technology
- Be able to demonstrate functionality and workflows of applicable Bloomberg solutions that improve a specific customer type's need
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives
- Seek out additional ways to demonstrate leadership and make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- Proven client relationship management experience and/or sales experience on an enterprise scale
- Strong Sellside workflow knowledge, Bloomberg terminal knowledge an advantage
- Service oriented and client focused
- Strong understanding of the Financial Markets with a special focus on asset classes like Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Interest and Credit Derivatives is necessary
- Experience interacting with Trading, Sales, Middle and Back Office, Technology and E Commerce teams
- Strong business sense with knowledge of identifying potential value creation and new prospects, as well as building and maintaining solid client relationships
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work well under pressure in a team environment
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Available for regular travel within the assigned geographical coverage
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills in English
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/trade-order-management-solutions/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening Date - 18th November 2019
Closing Date - 18th December 2019
Compensation - Competitive salary plus benefits