BloombergNEF – Summit Associate - 12 Month Contract
Posted Nov 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 112003
What's the role?
We are seeking a new team member for the BloombergNEF (BNEF) Summit team on a 12 month contract. Based in our London office, you will work closely with the existing Director and their team to define the agenda of and deliver high profile Summits around the world in both virtual and hybrid environments. These gatherings address issues of strategic importance for the BNEF community, including those our research indicates should be on their agenda even if they are not yet aware themselves.
This is an opportunity to join a small but growing team, and to develop a role for yourself with one of the leading research companies and convening groups in the space.
Who are you?
You're one of those people who have a real passion for the energy transition as well as the people and issues driving it forward. You take pleasure in bringing people together and want to be at the heart of discussions that will determine the success or otherwise of the transition. Through varied reading and observation, you naturally form judgements and understand how different issues affect different stakeholder groups. You have a strong ability to communicate these one-on-one and to wider groups. Your people skills are second-to-none, and your enthusiasm can be infectious. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from different backgrounds to bring together communities on the cutting edge of the transition.
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. We help commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities. Visit https://about.bnef.com.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We'll trust you to:
- Work with different research teams across BNEF and Bloomberg to identify key issues and incorporate and showcase these at the Summits
- Conduct your own research to identify the key issues in the energy transition and the most important stakeholders in each
- Engage with senior executives and their teams to identify their most pressing concerns and potential contributions to the Summits
- Identify business development opportunities and work closely with colleagues in the commercial team to bring to fruition
- Assess and prioritise these to deliver a compelling agenda and community for BNEF Summits in different regions
- Take ownership of specific areas of this agenda to bring to fruition whilst identifying aspects which can be more effectively lead by colleagues
- Keep high quality record of key aspects of your work to scale your efforts and support cooperation with colleagues
- Demonstrate leadership internally and externally across specific aspects of the BNEF Summit operation
You'll need to be able to:
- Find common purpose with and engage, persuade and lead individuals and groups
- Form original judgements based on multiple and sometimes conflicting sources
- Work hard on parallel tasks to organise yourself and others to develop and execute complex plans, simplifying wherever possible.
- Work in a global team with a high degree of professionalism, and with colleagues and clients from different cultures
You'll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years experience in an analytical, strategic, event or commercial development role
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and convening
- Strong knowledge of or demonstrated interest in the energy, transport, finance industry or business responses to climate and sustainability
We'd love to see:
- Experience as an analyst or journalist within the energy, finance or associated industries.
- Experience of North American and/or Asian markets
- Knowledge of foreign languages such as German, Mandarin, Hindi
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.