BloombergNEF - Administration Assistance (Maternity Cover)
Posted Dec 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 98965
This is a contract position for a maternity cover. You will be based in our London office, working as part of the global operations team at BloombergNEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the energy sector, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
BNEF team ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
The successful applicant will be responsible for general administrative duties supporting the central business team, sales, marketing and analyst teams. Some admin for senior staff (department managers) will also be required.
We will trust you to:
- Calendar management for 1 senior manager. Includes (internal/external) client outreach for meetings, event registrations, meeting prep/notes, travel management & expenses etc.
- Note-taking and management of weekly management calls
- BNEF Highlights - preparation of bi-monthly internal highlights communication message.
- Admin support for other ad-hoc projects that may materialize throughout year.
- Summit support: working with sales and marketing teams. This will include maintaining a speaker development database; sending out targeted messages and invitations; and/or capturing and consolidating data.
- Climatescope: supporting team with gathering key content from analysts and consolidating into main spreadsheet, and generally helping with CS launch
- Philantrophy partnership: Point contact for some partner communications throughout the year. Pre- and post- event management and review of 3-6 round tables/webinars; managing logistics.
- Innovation initiative: Innovation platform management (building out challenges and managing ideas as they move forward/get rejected), coordinate stakeholder meetings, prepare reports, liaise with software- and training- vendors on reporting and logistics.
- Innovation Alumni group management and coordination, including working with external vendor to implement and progress the programme.
- Training week: Internal staff development. Liaising with BNEF snr management & events team leading up to and during the week, including supporting presentation planning.
You’ll need to have:
· BSc level degree in finance, economics, science or social science preferred
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to compile and present data - must be well versed with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Confident in contacting people to request information and in analyzing documents
· Strong multitasking skills
· Team player
· Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, demonstrably uses initiative and an ability to face and innovatively deal with issues independently in a professional manner
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org