BloombergNEF - Analyst - Hydrogen - Contract
Posted May 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 90785
We are seeking a highly-motivated, talented individual to join our Heating & Hydrogen analyst team to undertake research and analysis on the global hydrogen economy.
You’re someone with a keen interest in decarbonisation of buildings, industry and transport who is interested in understanding the role hydrogen can play in a clean energy future. You develop original opinions through critical examination, and you enjoy communicating these in both writing and speech. Your quantitative skills are very strong, you are passionate about developing insights and analysing market trends, and you have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be working as part of a global research team at BloombergNEF – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the automotive and energy industries, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
This position will be for a fixed term (12 month) period with a start date in June or July 2021. Opportunities to extend this contract may come available.
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research on the policy, technology, and economic factors shaping the global hydrogen industry. This includes areas like evaluating the economics and feasibility for hydrogen storage and transport, calculating the economics of hydrogen consumption and production across different technology pathways, assessing policies to support the scale-up of new industries and analyzing investments and company activities in clean hydrogen.
- Gather and organize data sets pertaining to these topics
- Publish written research on topics as above
- Do quantitative analysis, market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Address clients’ questions in a timely manner and present the team’s research to clients, prospective clients and at external conferences
We’ll need you to:
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the hydrogen sector
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have fluent English and good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations).
- Work closely with other teams at BloombergNEF, including our Heating, Sustainable Materials, Transport and Natural Gas sector teams.
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Have excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
We would love you to:
- Have an undergraduate or graduate degree in sciences or engineering, preferably with coursework in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Have experience in the energy sector
- Speak another language fluently. Knowledge of German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian or Arabic would be an added benefit.
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com