BloombergNEF - Electrified Transport Analyst
Posted Nov 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 98032
We are seeking a highly-motivated, talented individual to join our Electrified Transport analyst team to undertake research and analysis on the global electric mobility markets.
You’re someone with a keen interest in clean transport and the automotive sector. You develop original opinions through critical examination, and you enjoy communicating these in both writing and speech. Your quantitative skills are very strong, you are passionate about developing insights and analysing market trends, and you have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be working as part of a global research team at BloombergNEF – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the automotive and energy industries, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
We work closely with our colleagues in the Metals, Decentralized Energy, Energy Storage and Power teams to quantify the impact of transport electrification on the respective sectors and to identify any barriers or bottlenecks. This includes tracking battery technology development, materials demand, understanding the underlying economics and value proposition of technologies like vehicle-to-grid, analyzing the lifecycle emissions of electric vehicles, policy impacts, and covering company activities and business strategies.
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Conduct research on the policy, technology, and economic factors shaping the global future of transport. This includes areas like evaluating charging infrastructure deployment business models, EV/grid integration, technology cost comparisons, changing policy frameworks, battery technology and market stakeholder strategies.
- Gather and organize data sets pertaining to these topics
- Publish written research on topics as above
- Do quantitative analysis, market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Address clients’ questions in a timely manner and present the team’s research to clients, prospective clients and at external conferences
WE’LL NEED YOU TO:
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the transport sector
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have fluent English and good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations).
- Work closely with other teams at BloombergNEF, including our Intelligent Mobility, Energy Storage and Power sector teams.
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interview
- Have excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
WE WOULD LOVE YOU TO:
- Have a graduate degree in sciences or engineering
- Experience with analytical tools and coding such as Python (or similar)
- Have experience in the automotive or transport sectors
- Speak another language fluently.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org