BloombergNEF - Team Lead - European Gas Research
Posted Aug 24, 2020 - Requisition No. 84526
BloombergNEF provides unparalleled analysis, tools and data for decision makers leading change in the energy system. With standout depth and breadth, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum from our comprehensive web-based platform. BNEF has 200 staff based in London, New York, Beijing, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
BNEF services fit clients' daily workflow, streamline their own research, help them to sharpen their strategies and keep them informed. BNEF's sectorial coverage provides financial, economic and policy analysis, as well as news and the world's most comprehensive database of assets, investments, companies and equipment in the clean energy space.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What's the role?
We are seeking a team leader for our European Gas team. Based in our London office, you will lead a small team of senior analysts that produces primary research and analysis on short-term trends in the European gas and LNG market (weeks- to seasons-ahead) and the long-term future of gas in Europe’s energy mix and company strategy (in close collaboration with other BNEF teams doing European power, carbon, policy and renewables analysis).
As part of the leadership group on global gas market, you will work closely with your counterparts on American and Asian gas markets, based in New York and Singapore, respectively. As part of this group, and working with the Global Head of Commodities, you will help shape the research, product and sales strategy for the global BNEF gas product.
You will work collaboratively with commercial and data teams within Bloomberg to find ways BNEF research can serve Terminal clients and help Terminal sales.
We'll trust you to:
- Serve as BNEF’s senior voice on European gas market, to clients, prospects, the media, public-policy leaders, and others
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of talented analysts
- Help shape BNEF’s overall business strategy and research agenda in Europe by giving input to management and the commercial teams
- Provide key inputs on BNEF’s long-term forecasts for natural gas/LNG, as well as other key cross-company projects
- Write insightful, important research that informs BNEF clients worldwide
- Edit all BNEF research produced on European gas topics and ensure it is of extraordinary quality
- Regularly present BNEF research in public settings, such as conferences and webinars
- Support business development through client interactions and collaborating with commercial teams
You'll need to have:
- A deep understanding of the energy industry, particularly the natural gas sector. This includes a working knowledge of gas supply and demand sources, energy technologies, economics, and finance.
- Minimum seven years of relevant experience
- Excellent quantitative skills, significant experience using Excel and Python and comfort using large datasets and models
- A demonstrated ability to retrieve key information, both through digital resources but also through direct contact with actual humans
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and presenting) to articulate complex ideas to a range of audiences
- Excellent client-facing skills and enthusiasm to represent the product both internally and externally
- Prior experience in managing a small team
- Creative and flexible approach to people and project management
- Comprehensive experience of building relationships
We'd love to see:
- A post-graduate degree in management, engineering, economics or finance
- Speaking/writing ability in a non-English European language
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org