BloombergNEF - Transition Scores Contractor
Posted Feb 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 88648
BloombergNEF provides unparalleled analysis, tools and data for decision makers leading change in the energy system. With standout depth and breadth, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum from our comprehensive web-based platform. BNEF has 200 staff based in London, New York, Beijing, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
BNEF services fit clients' daily workflow, streamline their own research, help them to sharpen their strategies and keep them informed. BNEF's sectorial coverage provides financial, economic and policy analysis, as well as news and the world's most comprehensive database of assets, investments, companies and equipment in the clean energy space.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What's the role?
That’s where you come in. We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated analyst to help deliver our exciting Business Model Transition Scores project in London.
You're someone with a real enthusiasm for sustainability, and you are curious to understand how data can be used to assess how companies from different high-emissions industries are transitioning in order to be part of a low carbon world. This flagship BNEF project will guide investors in their investment and engagement decisions and drive competition among companies.
You are a highly-organised, structured thinker, quick to grasp complex topics with strong quantitative skills. You have excellent communication skills, with the confidence to engage effectively and concisely with senior and unfamiliar people. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with and learning from colleagues all around the world who are experts in a wide range of topics and come from a wide range of backgrounds.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for data management and quality for the business model transition project, creating company scores that leverage unique BNEF datasets to shine a new light on how well prepared the world’s highest-emitting companies are for transition to a low carbon world
- Contribute to project management activities for the business model transition project, helping lead the project to successful delivery
- Design solutions to improve the data collection, management, processing and presentation that is critical to the success of the project
- Learn fast about new industries and technologies in order to get the most out of a wide range of unique datasets
- Assess data quality and assist in building new proprietary datasets
- Engage with clients and industry figures, through video meetings and presentations
- Guide colleagues as they contribute data, and manage their effective delivery
You’ll need to have:
- Intellectual curiosity, interest in and enthusiasm for climate-related sustainability and the associated business impacts
- Internal motivation, a resourceful self-starter with excellent time management skills driven to see results
- High levels of organization and an exceptional ability to structure and make more efficient
- Confidence working with data in a variety of forms, including excel and structured databases like SQL
- Knowledge of python or other programming languages
- A sharp, precise mind – keen attention to detail while moving quickly, and ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, summarizing and quantitative reasoning skills. An ability to quickly understand, distil and communicate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Exceptional communication skills, fluency in English and confidence to communicate your needs effectively to colleagues – including those that are more senior or with whom you’ve never spoken
We’d love to see:
- Project management experience
- Experience of sustainability reporting or analysing ESG data
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely in English
- Knowledge of how businesses operate, and how they are managed and financed
- An understanding of financial markets
- Additional language skills
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.